CS at U.Va.
The U.Va. Department of Computer Science is a nationally recognized leader in computer science research and education. Our department includes 28 faculty members, 80 graduate students and 680 undergraduates. Faculty are active in fundamental computer science and engineering research and are engaged in interdisciplinary initiatives with scientists, humanists, engineers in other disciplines and medical personnel.
Our graduate students transition from students to collaborators through participation in world-class research projects. Our undergraduates are involved in research and are enriched by an integrated and challenging curriculum.
Talks and Events
Jason Mars, University of Michigan
LET'S GET SIRIUS
Eric Horvitz, Microsoft Research
Data, Predictions, and Decisions in Support of People and Society
- Link Lab Distinguished Speaker: Jerome Lynch - Friday, February 12, 2016, 10 am in MEC 341
- Liliya Besaleva - Monday, December 21, 2015 Smart e-Commerce Personalization Using Customized Algorithms
- Chunkun Bo - Tuesday, December 15, 2015 Entity Resolution Acceleration using Micron's Automata Processor
- Zeming Lin - Monday, December 14, 2015 Robust classifiers against adversarial attacks using model randomization
- Adrienne Porter Felt - Friday, December 4, 2015 MAKING SECURITY USABLE (FOR A BILLION USERS)
- Beilun Wang - Wednesday, November 4, 2015 Fast and Scalable Joint Estimators for Learning Multiple Related Sparse Gaussian Graphical Models
- Vidyabhushan Mohan - Friday, October 16, 2015 Towards Building Energy Efficient, Reliable and Scalable NAND Flash based Storage Systems
- Juhi Ranjan - Friday, October 9, 2015 Object User Recognition Using Smart Wearable Devices
- Weilin Xu - Thursday, October 1, 2015 Automatically Evading Classifiers: A Case Study on PDF Malware Classifiers
- Dezhi Hong - Tuesday, September 22, 2015 The Building Adapter: Towards Quickly Applying Building Analytics at Scale
- Jian Xiang - Tuesday, September 8, 2015 Real-World Types and Their Applications
- Prof. Jack Stankovic, Prof. John Lach and others are teaming up to battle childhood obesity.
- UVA CS and Economics Prof. Dennis Nekipelov: Can Universities Create the "New Renaissance Man" Tech Firms Need?
- Congratulations to our Chair, Kevin Skadron fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), a prestigious international organization.
- Are we paying Jack Davidson to have this much fun?
- UVA Today Article about CS Grad, Adrienne Felt: "Computer Science Grad Stands Watch for Users of Google's Popular Browser"
- Major U.Va. Engineering Initiative to Focus on Intersection of Cyber, Physical Systems
- U.Va. Engineering Announces Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Cyber-Physical Systems Research
- UVA is located in the happiest city in America :)
- Congratulations to Prof. Jane Qi, who received an NSF Career award! These are extremely competitive and prestigious grants for pre-tenure faculty
- Congratulations to Prof. Jack Stankovic, who has been selected to receive the UVA Distinguished Scientist Award this year, in recognition of his outstanding record of achievement and impact during his career at UVA.
- Congratulations to UVA CS Emeritus Professor, Sang Son who was elected to the Korean national academy of engineering. Sang Son is now the Dean of The Graduate School at DGIST.